- Salary: Negotiable (DOE)
- Location: United Kingdom
- Contact: Conor Whelan
- Mobile: +353851866731
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Zenco Technical are looking for an experienced Mechanical Project Engineer to join our client, a leading mechanical and electrical engineering contractor. The successful candidate will be based in the UK initially working on a large industry project. An excellent package is on offer for the right candidate.
Why join this company?
- Permanent position available with a considerable schedule of work for the next 5+ years
- To benefit from a Career Development Program that will enhance your leadership capability.
- Excellent package on offer
- Organise design documents and drawings
- Evaluate value engineering or cost saving opportunities
- Prepare co-ordinated drawings covering all aspects of the installation including mechanical, electrical sprinkler, structural and architectural elements
- Review project design specifications and drawings and access compliance of co-ordinated drawings and technical submittals.
- Produce weekly progress reports
- Assist in the compilation and assessment of Technical Submittals.
- Processing requisitions, generation of purchase orders.
- Receipt verification (RV) of equipment and materials arriving on site.
- Clarification of queries with the design team through the request for information (RFI) system.
- Develop an understanding of the commercial fundamentals of a project including profit plans, potential variation logs and take offs’ etc
- Liaise and co-ordinate with members of the design team, contractors and in-house project team on technical and commercial issues.
- Attend technical meetings with members of the design team, contractors, and in-house project team
- Undertake document control, recording & transmitting information utilising File Key.
- Create method statements and risk assessments for production activities
- Organise and assess the work of sub-contractors.
- Carry out Quality Control through inspections and snagging including walking down of P&ID’s, and layout drawings.
- Population of test packs and tracking of same
- 3rd level qualification in Building Services Engineering / Mechanical Engineering or Senior Trades qualification or equivalent
- Extensive Project engineering experience of 4 years+ with a mechanical contractor
- Strong record of delivering small to medium mechanical projects (Commercial, Industrial, pharma, data centre type projects)
- Sound Commercial Awareness
- Capability of walking down mechanical systems to ensure compliance with specification
- Ability to develop technical submittals, completing technical reviews and assessments.
- Knowledge of Health, Safety and Environmental systems and procedures – knowledge of the team, their strengths and weaknesses
- The ability to multi-task and manage many priorities
- Outstanding communicator/strong interpersonal skills/communicates with impact
- Excellent record keeper and administration skills.
- Innovates and leads in mechanical/technical activity and challenges.
- Solves problems analytically and acts decisively
- Is process driven and focuses on EHS and Quality Work Management Systems and Processes
- Mentor and Coach to junior engineers and graduates
If this sounds of interest, or to make a general inquiry into engineering and technical opportunities, please get in touch today.
Zenco Technical – Engineering partnerships