- Contact: Conor Whelan
- Mobile: +353851866731
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Zenco Technical is currently seeking an experienced Mechanical Project Engineer to join a market- leading international multi-disciplinary engineering services contractor. The successful candidate will be based in Limerick and an excellent remuneration package is available to the right candidate. The successful candidate will have the opportunity to grow and develop in a company committed to developing talent and rewarding performance.
Why join this company?
- Benefit from a Career Development Program that will enhance your leadership capability.
- Build your career by assisting in the delivery of ‘leading edge’ engineering projects.
- Permanent position available with a considerable portfolio of works for the next 5+ years
- Collate all design documents and drawings
- Oversee value engineering or cost saving opportunities
- Development of co-ordinated drawings covering all aspects of the installation including mechanical, electrical sprinkler, structural and architectural elements
- Review and understand project design specifications and drawings and access compliance of co-ordinated drawings and technical submittals.
- Assist in the production of weekly progress reports
- Assist in the compilation and assessment of Technical Submittals.
- Process requisitions, generation of purchase orders.
- Receipt verification (RV) of equipment and materials arriving on site.
- Clarify queries with the design team through the request for information (RFI) system.
- Liaise and co-ordinate with members of the design team, contractors and in-house project team on technical and commercial issues.
- Attend technical meetings with members of the design team, contractors, and in-house project team
- Carry out document control, recording & transmitting information utilising File Key.
- Preparation of method statements and risk assessments for production activities
- Organisation of sub-contractors.
- Carry out Quality Control through inspections and snagging including walking down of P&ID’s, and layout drawings.
- Population of test packs and tracking of same
- 3rd level qualification in Building Services Engineering / Mechanical Engineering or Senior Trades qualification or equivalent
- Project engineering experience of 4 years+ with a mechanical contractor
- Record of delivering small to medium mechanical projects
- Commercial Awareness
- Capable of walking down mechanical systems to ensure compliance with specification
- Experience developing technical submittals, completing technical reviews and assessments.
- Knowledge of HSE systems and procedures
- The ability to multi-task and manage many priorities
- Strong communicator/strong interpersonal skills/communicates with impact
- Excellent record keeper and administration skills
- Ability lead a team
- Innovates and leads in mechanical/technical activity and challenges.
- Plans and effectively manages projects.
- Solves problems analytically and acts decisively
- Process driven and focuses on EHS and Quality Work Management Systems and Processes
- Ability to mentor and Coach to junior engineers and graduates
If this sounds of interest, or to make a general inquiry about other Engineering opportunities, please don’t hesitate to get in touch today.
Zenco Technical – Engineering Partnerships