Zenco Technical is currently seeking a Senior HV Commissioner to join a market leading M&E engineering firm with projects based across Ireland. Our client is an internationally recognised engineering firm with projects across various sectors such as Data Centres, Pharmaceutical, Energy, Medical Devices and Food & Beverage. The successful candidate will be joining an expanding HV & MV Team that will be based in either the Dublin or Waterford office. The role will also require extensive national travel as well as occasional overseas trips.
- Coordinate, plan and deliver HV installation and commissioning projects
- Completion all safety requirements including compiling Risk Assessments and Method Statements and on-site risk assessments
- Supervision and guidance of the HV Specialist Installation Team
- Completion of Primary tests on Instrument transformers, Power Transformers and HV switch gear
- Functional verification of protection schemes
- Commissioning and functional verification of DC Battery systems including battery discharge testing
- Testing of protection relays
- Configuration of IEDs across a range of vendors such as Siemens, Schneider and ABB
- Operational switching of HV apparatus
- Pre-commissioning of ESB Substations
- Attendance at FATs for HV switchgear, transformers and protection cabinets
- Early engagement with project team to optimise design and minimise installation defects
- Assist the bid team with technical aspects of tendering
- Technical evaluation of HV apparatus at submittal stage
- Technical report writing
- Guide and mentor junior staff in their technical development
- Time served Electrician or Electrical Technical/Engineer
- Familiarity with some or all aspects of HV substations from 10kV to 220kV
- Have in depth knowledge of HV and MV switchgear across multiple vendor platforms
- Good working knowledge of all aspects of HV substations
- Computer literate – Microsoft packages etc
- Full clean driving licence
- Team player and have good interpersonal skills
- Technical leader
- Safe pass
- Familiarity with ESBN “Conditions governing connections to the Distribution System”.
- Familiarity with ESBN Pre-commissioning standards.
- Comfortable with Omicron Primary test equipment used for testing instrument transformers and power transformers.
- Familiar with protection relay test techniques and Omicron Test Universe.
- Experienced with relay configuration tools such as Siemens Digsi, ABB PCM, Schneider Agile.
- SAP with proven HV switching experience.
- GWO trained.
- HV cable testing including VLF testing.
- SF6 gas handling and testing.
If this sounds of interest, or to make a general inquiry about other Engineering opportunities, please don’t hesitate to get in touch today.
Zenco Technical – Engineering Partnerships
APPLY FOR THIS JOB