Zenco Technical is currently seeking an experienced Senior Electrical Quantity Surveyor to join a market leading Irish M & E contractor with projects based in Cork. Our client is interested in a Senior Electrical Quantity Surveyor to work on several projects across Data Centres, Pharma, Commercial & Residential sectors. The successful candidate will receive an excellent remuneration package and a clear path for career progression within one of Ireland’s most progressive contractors.
- Manage interim commercial meetings with the Client and Internal Project Team. Report in detail as required for the Project Manager on the commercial status of the project.
- Manage subcontractor accounts, interim valuations and final accounts.
- Carry out cost management and forecasting
- Ensure payment certificates are processed in a timely manner and payments are made per the procurement terms.
- Ability to administer the contract obligations and meet additional client requirements.
- Issue interim and final accounts and progress applications per project and contract requirements.
- Identify as well as foresee potential commercial risks.
- Liaising with Senior Management in undertaking & delegation of work duties.
- Ensure close collaboration with Planning Engineers regarding accuracy of progress reporting.
- Capable of costing and agreeing daily work changes to include managing the subcontractor re-measurement of contract works, site day-works and site change orders.
- Maintain accurate records and provide necessary detailed backup to support commercial tracking and costing.
- Prioritization of workload without direction.
- Negotiation where necessary with clients.
- QS Degree Qualified with a min of 7+ years of Quantity Surveying experience on Electrical Projects essential
- Diligent with a focus on EHS and Quality Work Management Systems and Processes
- IT Proficient particularly in Excel
- Strong negotiation skills
- Skilled and budgeting, reporting, developing BOQ’s, profit plans.
- Have a practical understanding of scheduling and the associated commercial implications
- Detailed knowledge of commercial management and QS Role within the construction industry
- A strong knowledge of contract conditions as well as application process
- A good overall understanding of the business, clients and Sub Contractors.
- Excellent Communication/Interpersonal Skills as well as strong record keeping & admin skills
If this sounds of interest, or to make a general inquiry into engineering and technical opportunities, please get in touch today.
Zenco Technical – Engineering Partnerships
APPLY FOR THIS JOB