Zenco Technical is currently seeking an experienced Electrical Buyer to join a market-leading M&E Contractor with projects based in Kildare. Our client specialises in sectors including Pharma, Data Centres and Industrial Manufacturing. The successful candidate will have the opportunity to grow and develop in a company committed to developing talent and rewarding performance.
- To deliver an efficient and effective procurement service to assigned project and assist in the implementation of the group procurement strategies.
- Manage the procurement activities for sub-contractors, goods and services in conjunction with the Senior Buyer
- Report the execution of the Procurement Schedule (DPPS) relating to critical, time sensitive packages and equipment,
- Assist with Senior buyer with Procurement Meetings
- Implement and understand the procurement procedures and utilise all standard documents.
- Produce suitable vendor list for all packages
- Interface with key supply chain providers and conduct performance reviews.
- Liaise with key supply chain providers and visit as necessary.
- Negotiate deals and long-term arrangements with local supply chain providers.
- Process internal stakeholders and supply chain providers in a proactive manner.
- Prepare tender enquiries and pricing schedules, ensure Scope of Works and ITT documentation is complete as possible, liaise with project team to ensure compliance.
- Ensure all RFI’s are duly answered by the relevant internal / external stakeholders during the tender stage.
- Carryout final negotiations with the project manager/commercial manager and chair pre-let meeting minutes
- Compile all Order information including Recommendation to Award for review with the Procurement Manager.
- Relevant 3rd level qualification
- 3-4 years’ experience in a purchasing/buying role
- Previous Engineering experience required, experience with Electrical components advantageous
- Excellent oral and written communication skills with the ability and confidence to deal with a broad range of people
- Organised individual with a constant focus and attention to detail
- Ability to work within a multidisciplinary team
- Ability to meet strict deadline and work under pressure
- Excellent IT skills
If this sounds of interest, or to make a general inquiry about other Engineering opportunities, please don’t hesitate to get in touch today.
Zenco Technical – Engineering Partnerships
Job Type: Permanent
APPLY FOR THIS JOB