Our client, a niche PM Consultancy with offices in London and across the US, are seeking a Senior Client Side PM to manage a high-profile 8MW data center build in Zurich. The project is about to commence its first phase in the coming months.
- Manage overall project cost, schedule and budgets.
- Manage General Contractor and other directly contracted vendors and consultants.
- Analyse, track and effectively manage critical milestone activities to avoid schedule slip.
- Review construction proposals and related pricing/scopes.
- Review, correct and assess work-in-place, to approve capital expenditure spends.
- Review and approve cost loaded schedules.
- Run and lead client and other required meetings.
- Identify factors that influence construction costs and monitor and report on this data.
- Knowledge and experience with all methods of construction procurement and long lead equipment.
- Review, validate and audit cost estimates prepared by contractors and others within a client’s organization.
- Support engineering decisions relating to the project cost and budget while design-build changes take place during construction.
- Review requests for payment.
- Track and ensure equipment meets the project schedule.
- Record occurrence that might result in a claim – acting on the client’s behalf.
- Advocate on the part of the client during disputes, disagreements, modifications, or change orders.
- Coordinate and oversee scheduling consultant reviews on the project.
- Review and approve final invoices, payment applications, retention payments.
- Oversee and manage the transfer of the building operations to the client including all close out documentation and warranties.
Skills / Experience Required
- Experience as a MEP Project Manager on at least one major data centre.
- Knowledge of Plumbing, Mechanical, Electrical and Low Voltage scopes of work.
- Advanced skills with spreadsheets, report writing and presentations.
- Strong and professional communication skills, with great organization skills, ability to multi-task.
- Must have a “team attitude”, be self-motivated and be willing to support other groups and projects when required.
- Entrepreneurial thinking, creativity and dynamism.
- Flexible mobility advantageous.
- University degree in Project / Construction Management or a related field.
- Member of a Professional Institute preferred.
If this sounds of interest to you, or to make a general inquiry into engineering or technical opportunities, please get in touch today.
Zenco Technical – Engineering Partnerships