Zenco Technical is currently seeking an experienced Mechanical Supervisor to join a market-leading Engineering Contractor with projects based in Wicklow. Our client is interested in a Mechanical Supervisor who will work on a range of projects across Residential & Commercial sectors. The successful candidate will receive an excellent remuneration package and a clear path for career progression.
- Managing construction contractors and ensuring they adhere to the latest (AFC) project drawings, specifications, procedures and site instructions.
- Manage all Health and Safety aspects of the projects
- Planning of all resources including labour, materials and sub-contractors
- Produce programmes, reports and progress updates in conjunction with the Site Managers
- Ensure that there is adequate contractor supervision on site to maintain proper levels of safety.
- Planning the work and efficiently organizing the plant and site facilities in order to meet agreed deadlines
- Resolving any unexpected technical difficulties and other problems that may arise
- Liaising with clients and their representatives including attending regular meetings
- Review material and equipment deliveries and report discrepancies and/or shortages to the Discipline Superintendent and Material Controller.
- Agree method statements, risk assessments and job safety analysis. Ensure that all work is carried out in accordance with the agreed method statements.
- Responsible for the discipline and timekeeping of contractors’ staff and labour in his work area.
- Any other functions deemed relevant
- 5+ years’ experience in a similar role required
- Relevant trade background or Mechanical Engineering Qualification
- Experience on Pharmaceutical or other regulated industrial projects
- Be able to interface with the client at management level
- AutoCAD and Solid works experience highly desirable
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Strong team player with the ability to interact with colleagues at all levels
- Excellent time management skills and the ability to meet tight deadlines
- Self-motivating, and the ability to work well as part of a team
If this sounds of interest, or to make a general inquiry into engineering and technical roles, please get in touch today.
Zenco Technical – Engineering PartnershipsAPPLY FOR THIS JOB