- Salary: Negotiable
- Location: Dublin
- Sector: Commercial & Building ServicesIndustrial & Manufacturing
- Contact: Conor Whelan
- Mobile: +353851866731
- Email: email@example.com
Zenco Technical is currently seeking a Mechanical QS to join a market- leading international multi-disciplinary engineering services contractor. The successful candidate will be based in Dublin and an excellent remuneration package is available to the right candidate.
Why join this company?
- Benefit from a Career Development Program that will enhance your leadership capability.
- Build your career by assisting in the delivery of ‘leading edge’ engineering projects.
- Permanent position available with a considerable portfolio of works for the next 5+ years
- Skilled and budgeting, reporting, developing BOQ’s, profit plans.
- Undertake and manage interim commercial meetings with the Client and Internal Project Team. Report in detail as required for the Project Manager on the commercial status of the project.
- Manage subcontractor accounts, interim valuations and final accounts. Ensure payment certificates are processed and payments are made per the agreed sub-contract and procurement terms. Retentions apply as per agreements.
- You will be tasked with administering the contract obligations and meet additional Client requirements
- Capable of costing and agreeing daily work changes to include managing the subcontractor premeasurement of contract works, site dayworks and site change orders.
- Maintain accurate records and provide necessary detailed backup to support commercial tracking and costing.
- Be able identify potential commercial risks and ensure prompt reporting of same to Senior Management. Follow direction of Senior Management in undertaking work duties.
- Practical understanding of scheduling and the associated commercial implications
- Mechanical Quantity Surveyor will have the ability to administer the contract obligations and meet additional Client requirements
- 4+ years of Quantity surveying experience on Mechanical Projects.
- 3rd level qualification in Construction Economics / Quantity Surveying, ideally coupled with a technical background as either Plumber/Pipefitter (or similar) or Mechanical Engineer.
- Knowledge of commercial management and QS Role within construction
- Excellent Communication/Interpersonal Skills and proficient in Excel
If this sounds of interest to you, or to make a general inquiry into engineering or technical opportunities, please get in touch today.
Zenco Technical – Engineering Partnerships