- Salary: Negotiable
- Location: Dublin
- Sector: Commercial & Building ServicesIndustrial & Manufacturing
- Contact: Conor Whelan
- Mobile: +353851866731
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Zenco Technical is currently seeking a Graduate Mechanical QS to join a market- leading international multi-disciplinary engineering services contractor. The successful candidate will be based in Dublin and an excellent remuneration package is available to the right candidate.
Why join this company?
- Benefit from a Career Development Program that will enhance your leadership capability.
- Build your career by assisting in the delivery of ‘leading edge’ engineering projects.
- Permanent position available with a considerable portfolio of works for the next 5+ years
- Skilled and budgeting, reporting, developing BOQ’s, profit plans.
- Manage interim commercial meetings with the Client and Internal Project Team. Report in detail as required for the Project Manager on the commercial status of the project.
- Manage subcontractor accounts, interim valuations and final accounts. Ensure payment certificates are processed and payments are made per the agreed sub-contract and procurement terms. Retentions apply as per agreements.
- Administer the contract obligations and meet additional Client requirements. Issue interim and final accounts and progress applications per project and contract requirements. Monthly applications to be all inclusive of accurate remeasures, site changes, dayworks and any applicable contract claims. Identify escalations, material or labour, as appropriate.
- Ability to identify potential commercial risks and ensure prompt reporting of same to Senior Management. Follow direction of Senior Management in undertaking work duties.
- Have a practical understanding of scheduling and the associated commercial implications. Ensure close collaboration with Planning Engineer regarding accuracy of progress reporting.
- Capable of costing and agreeing daily work changes to include managing the subcontractor remeasurement of contract works, site dayworks and site change orders.
- Maintain accurate records and provide necessary detailed backup to support commercial tracking and costing.
- Ability to work on own initiative and can prioritise without direction.
- QS Degree Qualified
- Knowledge of commercial management and QS Role within construction
- Understanding of the business, client and Sub Contractor relations, and installations
- Excellent Communication and Interpersonal Skills
If this sounds of interest to you, or to make a general inquiry into engineering or technical opportunities, please get in touch today.
Zenco Technical – Engineering Partnerships