Zenco Technical is currently seeking an experienced EHS/Covid Officer to join a market- leading international multi-disciplinary engineering services contractor. The role of the EHS/Covid Officer is to to ensure compliance with COVID-19 Hygiene and Social Distancing measures on site. The successful candidate will be based in the Munster region and an excellent remuneration package is available to the right candidate.
Why join this company?
- Benefit from a Career Development Program that will enhance your leadership capability.
- Build your career by assisting in the delivery of ‘leading edge’ engineering projects.
- Permanent position available with a considerable portfolio of works for the next 5+ years
- Vetting persons returning to site, using COVID-19 Return to Work questionnaire.
- Ensuring compliance with the COVID-19 Return to Work and Site Inductions.
- Monitoring social distancing measures.
- Offer on-site support for site members with questions or concerns regarding COVID-19
- Maintaining site signage relating to Handwashing, Social Distancing and general COVID-19 measures.
- Promoting proper hygiene practices for all personnel.
- Ensuring all welfare facilities are cleaned and fully stocked with necessary supplies.
- Monitoring canteen and drying room facilities during break times to ensure designated time slots and seating allocations are being adhered to.
- Ensure accurate documentation of site COVID-19 controls.
- Understand the COVID-19 Site and Project Plans and ensure correct implementation.
- Provide advice, guidance, support and instruction in all COVID-19 matters to management, safety representatives and employees (including where applicable to sub-contractors, suppliers and visitors to sites).
- Ensure the correct entry and exit procedures are in place to manage the process whilst adhering to COVID-19 Social Distancing measures.
- Observe personnel on-site and implement corrective actions where necessary.
- Ensure documentation of work control measures within daily SPA’s.
- Monitor staff for signs of COVID-19
- Keep up to date with all legislation/advice regarding COVID-19
- 5+ Years’ Experience in similar industry. Knowledge of Electrical, Mechanical and CSA preferably.
- NFQ level 8 in Occupational H&S. Certificate to NFQ 6 Environmental Management. Safe Pass, (CSCS (UK)), Train the Trainer, First Aid, Training Instructor.
- Internal ISO14000 and ISO45000 system auditor.
- Experience with the Construction Regulations and CDM roles, with experience working with sub-contractors.
- Experience with EHS Management Systems, safety schemes and tendering e.g. ISOs, Achilles, SSiPs etc.
- Sound communication skills, through presentations, reports, written and verbal.
- Ability to work with main contractor Safety and Project teams.
- Strong understanding of preparing Audits and EHS reports.
- Aware of current Legislation, Standards, Guidance, Advice and Compliance.
- Proactive in identifying positive and negative acts, ability to follow through with realistic corrective and preventive actions.
- Ability to lead and coordinate incident investigations.
- IOSH Member or Equivalent.
If this role sounds of interest to you, or for a general discussion on engineering and technical opportunities, please don’t hesitate to get in touch today.
Zenco Technical – Engineering PartnershipsAPPLY FOR THIS JOB