Zenco Technical is currently seeking an experienced EHS Advisor to join a market- leading international multi-disciplinary engineering services contractor. The role of the EHS Advisor is to provide Environment, Health and Safety guidance working with the project team. The successful candidate will be based in Dublin and an excellent remuneration package is available to the right candidate.
Why join this company?
- Benefit from a Career Development Program that will enhance your leadership capability.
- Build your career by assisting in the delivery of ‘leading edge’ engineering projects.
- Permanent position available with a considerable portfolio of works for the next 5+ years
- Reports to EHS Manager, Site Managers/Supervisors and Project Manager.
- Is aware with the contents of the safety statement, environment manual, risk assessments, aspects & impacts, legislation and procedures.
- Provides advice, guidance, instruction and training in all EHS matters to management, safety representatives and employees
- Oversees internal audits and site inspections in conjunction with Site Management, recommends corrective actions, improvements and document findings.
- Prepares in conjunction with site management team a project specific EHS Plan, induction and Risk Assessment Method Statements (RAMS). These shall be compiled and agreed prior to work commencing and ongoing through lookaheads.
- Provide advice, guidance, support and instruction in all EHS matters to management, safety representatives and employees (including where applicable to sub-contractors, suppliers and visitors to sites).
- Leads through good example. Be proactive in all matters concerning the role
- Identify training needs, report requirements to project team and carry out training as required
- Audit and inspect projects, agree and prepare achievable corrective and preventive action plans towards compliance to and continual improvement of the EHS on the project
- Analyse business EHS risks, KPIs and trends accurately with data and recommend actions towards continuous improvements
- Report incidents and ensure investigations are carried out in a thorough and professional manner in order to identify root causes and corrective and preventive action plans
- Attends internal and external site meetings as required
- Implements and oversees the company Incentive Scheme on all projects.
- Arranges distribution and maintenance of fully stocked first aid boxes on site.
- Monitors P.P.E usage and advises site management on type of protective equipment required.
- Issues non-conformances, commendations and disciplinary warnings both written and verbal if required or instructed to do so.
- 5+ Years’ Experience in similar industry. Knowledge of Electrical, Mechanical and CSA preferably.
- NFQ level 8 in Occupational H&S. Certificate to NFQ 6 Environmental Management. Safe Pass, (CSCS (UK)), Train the Trainer, First Aid, Training Instructor.
- Internal ISO14000 and ISO45000 system auditor.
- Experience with the Construction Regulations and CDM roles, with experience working with sub-contractors.
- Experience with EHS Management Systems, safety schemes and tendering e.g. ISOs, Achilles, SSiPs etc.
- Sound communication skills, through presentations, reports, written and verbal.
- Ability to work with main contractor Safety and Project teams.
- Strong understanding of preparing Audits and EHS reports.
- Aware of current Legislation, Standards, Guidance, Advice and Compliance.
- Proactive in identifying positive and negative acts, ability to follow through with realistic corrective and preventive actions.
- Ability to lead and coordinate incident investigations.
- IOSH Member or Equivalent.
If this role sounds of interest to you, or for a general discussion on engineering and technical opportunities, please don’t hesitate to get in touch today.
Zenco Technical – Engineering PartnershipsAPPLY FOR THIS JOB